Connection Guide for DoE Wi-Fi
The following guide shows how to connect to the Department of Education’s wi-fi using an android device, this guide uses a Google pixel 2xl.
Entering Wi-Fi Settings
There are two ways to enter the wi-fi settings, both will be shown below.
- Option 1
- Slide down from the top of the screen.
- Hold down the wi-fi icon.
- Option 2
- Slide up from the bottom and to find settings.
- Tap on settings.
- Tap network and internet.
Connecting to the Wi-Fi
To connect to the DoE wi-fi follow these steps:
- Tap on DoE_Student, this is the wi-fi you will connect to.
- Change CA certificate to “Do not validate”.
- Enter your username for the department education after “education\”, this should look like “education\firstname.lastname.00”.
- Enter your password.
- Tap Connect.
After this you are connected to the wi-fi, however to access the internet you need to go to the url http://webauth.education.tas.gov.au and logon using your education account.
This will give 8 hours of internet access at which point you will have to go to the above url and login once again.