Step 1: Prepare Gmail for connecting to Outlook
Before you connect to Gmail account and Outlook, you need to prepare your Gmail account: Turn on 2-step verification for Gmail
Two step authentication adds another layer of security to prevent unauthorized access to an individual's email account. To set up two step authentication, please see the following:
1. Visit Google 2-StepVerification
2.Click "Get started"
3. Click 'Get started'
4. Sign into your Gmail account
5. Click "turn on 2- step verification" and enter a phone number under the "Voice or text message" option. This number will be used to receive a numeric code from Gmail, which is needed to authorize access to outreach or other 3rd party applications that might be used in the future.
6. Click 'Send code'
7. Enter the verification code sent from Google and click 'Done'
8. Check the 'Trust this computer' if the user is on a trusted computer and click 'Next'
9. Click 'Confirm' to turn on 2-step verification
Step 2: Add your Gmail account to Outlook
When you are finished, you will see your existing Gmail messages in Outlook. You can use Outlook to receive, read, and send new messages from your Gmail account. You can also continue to use your Gmail account through the Gmail web site.
1. Open outlook and click file at the top left of screen
2. In the Outlook app, choose File > Add Account
3. Then add the Gmail account which you want to connect with outlook, use your Gmail password and click connect
4. Account is successfully added if you want to add more account you can see the option add another email address
5. Now you can see 2 accounts. Outlook syncs with your Gmail account. The email in your Gmail will appear in Outlook
Your Gmail message will appear in Outlook, but they are still stored in your Gmail account.
Now your Gmail account is successfully connected to Outlook.